Friday, February 5, 2010

Simple Pleasures

I am jumping on the simple pleasure post bandwagon because i am in serious need of some happy thoughts on this dreary winter day. Here is my list of the little things that make a huge impact on my mental wellbeing.

Pumpkin spice latte on the first crisp day of fall

Going to sleep on vacation at the beach and feeling like the waves are still hitting you

Napping on a warm day in spring with the windows open

A clean house and a candle burning (I think this would be my number one)

A long, hot, uninterrupted bubble bath

Hot chocolate after being outside in the snow

Finishing a project you are proud of

Driving around on a summers night with the windows down and the music up

A friend request on facebook from an old friend or extended family member

Liam’s smiles, giggles, and snuggles

Looking at old pictures and reminiscing

Finishing a good book

Hearing a song that reminds you of a great time in your life

No comments: