Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day


Before I was a Mom -
I slept as late as I wanted and never worried about how late I got into bed. I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.

DSC00348
Before I was a Mom -
I cleaned my house each day. I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations.

      DSC00630
Before I was a Mom -
I had never been puked on - Pooped on - Spit on - Chewed on, or Peed on. I had complete control of my mind and My thoughts. I slept all night.

DSC00802


Before I was a Mom -
I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests...or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

DSC01071
Before I was a Mom -
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life
so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom.

DSC01201
Before I was a Mom -
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important.

DSC01274
Before I was a Mom -
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay. I had never known The warmth, The joy, The love, The heartache, The wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.

IMG_0749

I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom.

 IMG_1104

 

happy-mothers-day-card-tulips

To my Mom, the best mother and grandmother Liam and I could every have hoped for. 

Wonderful Grandma

pro pics 006
A grandmother is a remarkable woman.
She's a wonderful combination of
warmth and kindness, laughter and love.

DSC00405
She overlooks our faults, encourages our dreams,
and praises our every success.
A grandmother has the wisdom of a teacher,
the sincerity of a true friend,and the tenderness of a mother.
She's someone we admire, respect and
love very much.

DSC00735
A grandmother will always have a cherished
place in our memories and in our hearts.
She's someone for whom we want every happiness
in return for the joy she always brings.
A grandmother is all the dear and precious
things in life...
When she's a grandmother like you.
- By Anonymous

  liamgrandma

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful tribute to mothers everywhere. Your reflections were especially sweet-I understand them completely!

Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day. It's always a treat to "meet" other bloggers. I'm going to do a special post on John-John's this week-so look for it-but I'll tell you this first: ebay.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day with your family and sweet Liam.

My best to you all,

Elizabeth