Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ways to preserve memories

So I have been trying to have this conversation with Alex for the last week but let’s be honest most men could care less about your plan of action for scrapbooking so I am using the internet to ask all of you what your thoughts are on this. I love the format of Project Life BUT I am not committing myself to doing a photo/journaling every day. I like the idea of using the Project Life format to do a monthly recap and big event recap but I am not sure if I want to do it the traditional way with printing off pictures and hand written journaling or digital.

pl

In all honestly digital would be so much easier because my pictures have a hard time making it off my computer! but doing it digital cost a pretty penny at the end of the year to have your book printed (trust me I just did it with 2011..that goodness for a groupon). So would you …

A. Do it the old fashion way and print off pictures into a project life album knowing that it will be harder to keep up with but you will save money and have a place to put all the little extras you want to keep (this is the one thing that is kind of swaying me)

or

B. Do a digital version to save time, keep up, but pay more for it and not have a place to keep extras?

Here is my 2011 year in photos book that I did on mixbook, it shipped today and I can’t wait to see it!

Mixbook - Create Beautiful Photo Books and Scrapbooks! | Learn About Mixbook Photo Books | Create your own Photo Book

4 comments:

Christine said...

As a fellow scrapbooker who still does it the old fashion way, this can also be very expensive! It adds up when you print out all the pictures, buy the paper you want to match, and then buy a nice scrapbook. Its also very time consuming. On the plus side, I like being able to include actual momentos vs pictures of them. Its really a toss up and it depends on what you want. For me, I am looking into doing digital scrapbooks in the future because I think it will actually get done!

Sara said...

You can also turn your blog into a book. I have been researching and haven't found a website yet that I am going to use - when I pick the company I will pass on the info.

Megan Templeman said...

I am also looking into turning my blog into a book. Bev did it. You might ask her about it.

Bekah said...

Oh man, I can never manage to do a real scrapbook. I only manage to keep up with digital picture. I lose everything else!