Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend Randomness

** Yes, i am still here and Lucy is still on the inside. I will post my 39 week (and finally pregnancy) post tomorrow (given she doesn’t decide to come tonight). I went to the doctor last Tuesday was 2cm and 50%, they let me schedule an induction for Tuesday but said “ i doubt you are going to make it until then”….well i am still here with only a few days to go (way to get my hopes up doc). I hope she is right and Lucy decides to come today or tomorrow  but we will see. Either way she will be here by Wednesday. YAY!!!! **

My big boy eating a cupcake on Friday (showing  me that he got icing on his hand)

58bdc319742a4dec90bd91485659edc1_7

Liam already likes to pick on girls. Alex has taken over bath time because it is just too hard for me to do this late in the pregnancy game so i get to sit and watch. Liam immediately says “fishie” and then gets me soaked, every.single.night. It is so funny, he squeezes that fish so hard and does his battle cry.  IMG_5608

 IMG_5611

…and because we are absolutely insane and have lost out minds we put Liam in a ‘big boy bed’…this weekend. He has been sleeping horribly lately and normally when we go through these phases of bad sleep two or three days of “crying it out'” solves the problem. Well Liam quickly learned that he could easily throw himself over the side of the crib during this event so needless to say we needed another option. He never actually got the chance to jump out because i would sit outside his door with the video monitor making sure i got in there before he’d go over.

IMG_5597

I didn’t think Liam would be one of those kids that got excited about being in a big boy bed, poor kid i didn’t give him a chance that he’d understand but boy oh boy does he. He LOVES his new bed, loves it! He loves having the control over climbing in and out. He was so excited and proud to show Grandma his new bed today. I could not be any happier that last night went well. He only ended up getting up and out of bed once at 2am, he started crying at his door for me to come get him. I let him go for about 2-3 minutes then went in and told him it was time to go back to sleep in his big boy bed and laid him back down. I sat on his floor but didn’t talk to him or look at him (thanks super nanny for that tip) and he went right back to sleep. He slept all the way to 6:30 this morning which is so much better than 5am!

  IMG_5601 

I pulled out my camera tonight for the first time in a while and Liam would not stop saying “cheeeeeeeese’, just running around posing and screaming cheese. It was too cute!

IMG_5598

4 comments:

Bekah said...

yay for the big boy bed success!!

Also - docs shouldnt be allowed to say things like 'I dont think you will make it til whenever'! Haha all it does it get our hopes up..and if it doesnt happen?? Oh no.

Sara said...

Can't wait to hear the news for little Lucy! Good Luck! Liam looks like such a big boy in these pics!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

excited to hear your news!!!!

Stephanie said...

Can't believe Lucy will be here this week!!!

Liam is going to make such a great big brother. He looks adorable in his big boy bed :)