Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Long Weekend

Liam and I finished up our last day on the Letter A with a great project. We stamped a picture of an apple with a half of an apple and decorated it, it was by far his favorite thing we have done. We have an apple tree in our from yard so I grabbed a small one, some leaves and mulch to do our project. I cut the apple in half and stuck a lollipop stick in it since I knew Liam wouldn’t want to touch it for fear of getting paint on his hands. It worked great and he had a good time stamping his apple and gluing on the leaves. Up next is the letter B :-)

IMG_0181 IMG_0183 IMG_0185

I gave Liam his first haircut at home last week, the boy was shaggy! Since he was not a huge fan of letting someone cut his hair last time (and it looked pretty easy) I decided to give it a whirl. I put him in his bumbo chair…yes my 30 pound nearly two year old fits in a bumbo, gave him a dum dum and put on Seasme Street and cut away. Overall, I think i did a pretty good job for my first time.

 IMG_0186

Rock star Liam

 IMG_0187

Even though Alex and I went to Penn State we are big Florida Gator football fans so Alex and Liam were all dressed up for the first game on Saturday.

 IMG_5585

On Saturday my Mom and I went to lunch and then to see The Help which we both LOVED. I don’t think I have ever read a book and then saw the movie that I liked just as much. I thought they did such a wonderful job adapting it to the big screen! Liam and I before I left.

 IMG_5586

On Sunday we had our “Friends and Family” league fantasy football draft. All of us (and i do mean all of us) set up on our computers.

IMG_5588

Liam playing on youtube watching Thomas videos.

 IMG_5590

Today I made this chicken and wild rice soup that i had pinned on pinterest and it was just too good not to share. Perfect for an easy fall/winter meal!

IMG_0188

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that apple idea! We are doing A this week, so we will have to do it! That soup looks good too! I am in the fall mood now!

Bekah said...

I think we might do the toddler activities you linked as well! I really like tge idea of him having another aspect to his routine and it looks fun for them!

Also that soup looks delicious!