Friday, January 4, 2013

The tree isn't coming down...

Yes, you heard me right, our tree is staying up this year. Anyone that knows my well will tell you that i am just a tiny bit obsessed with my Christmas trees. The weekend after Thanksgiving i can remember telling Alex one night that i felt sad thinking about having to take down our trees after Christmas even though we still had WEEKS left to enjoy them. I despise the post Christmas decorations blues when you are left with a fairly stark house and just COLD COLD bitterly COLD weather. Liam was also pretty bummed that the trees and decorations needing to come down once the New Year came. Then one day i saw someone post a comment on instagram how they wanted to "add some red and pink ribbon" and call their card tree a Valentines Day tree and at that moment the creativity light bulb went off and my mind started coming up with all sorts of ideas.

Why do i need to take the tree down? Why not keep it up all year and make it a statement piece to decorate for each holiday? Hmmm.. that may be a pretty cool thing. I even wrote to a friend of mine "we will be that house with the awesome tree that everyone needs to come see every month to see what we've done with it for the upcoming holiday or season" HAHA i know i am crazy but this gives me so much joy.

So here we have it, our first Valentines Day tree. I am in LOVE, which is perfect for Valentines Day. I plan of picking up some glittery hearts and glittery valentines day signs and words to hang then once the stores start stocking their shelves. .... and i may or may not (i totally do) have a box of green and gold ready to go for St. Patrick's Day in the basement! Gotta stock up when the stores are 80% off!





I picked up these bakery girls at Michael's and i just can't tell you how adorable they are! So perfect for a "holiday" about love and sweets! 
 



and no post would be complete without my little helpers, both of which LOVE our new tree. Yesterday Liam would just wonder into the living room, glace at the tree, smile and walk away ... just making sure it was going to stay. 

Lucy loves to "fly" Liams little airplanes and helicopters, here she is showing off her skills today. 




Liam was hard at work playing with his cars on this track rug. 



6 comments:

The Howard Bunch said...

Love !!!! I saw that Kelly's Korner Instagram too and thought it was an amazing idea!!

Anonymous said...

I love this!! Looks great!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE it!!!!

Christine said...

Phil and I considered the same thing! Maybe next year!

Sara said...

Can't wait to see your trees for the all the holidays this year! What fun!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

It is gorgeous! LOVE it so much! And Lucy is just SO precious. :)