Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I scream .. You scream .. We all scream for homemade ice cream!

Alex and I purchased an ice cream maker this weekend and i was able to put it to use yesterday and today. I made chocolate covered strawberries with cream for me and chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough for his. They turned out wonderful! With both recipes i churned the ice cream in the machine for 30 minutes, poured it into a Tupperware container and then stirred in the add-ins.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries with Cream


2 cups fat free half and half
1 cup whole milk
3 tablespoons sugar (add more if you like it sweeter)

1/2 cup chocolate chips
10 strawberry's sliced and macerated in 2 tablespoons for sugar for 2 hours

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough


2 cups fat free half and half
1 cup whole milk
4 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup

for the cookie dough i simply halved my go-to recipe and did not add the eggs

No comments: